Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Visits

We have honestly spent little time emphasizing the role of Santa in Christmas. However, it's been interesting to watch Aidan's fascination with Christmas and the traditions of the season grow as he gets older each year. As I'm certain you've noticed from my earlier posts, our little man is quite the little actor. Pretend play consumes most of his hours at home. The newest game this month has been Santa's visit on Christmas Eve. My mom bought Aidan a Santa hat during a Wal-Mart trip several weeks ago. Tonight, he decided that I must be asleep while he (Santa) delivered the presents to my stocking. This game went on for about an hour, with little variation in gifts (apparently, he thinks I want cars for Christmas). He later decided I should be Santa. While he was "sleeping" I put the Little People nativity characters into the stocking. As he walked up, he said, "This is awesome." He proceeded to take each character out and then said, "These toys are not good!" This pretend play has brought on even greater anticipation for this Christmas. I can't wait to see Christmas as a child again through his eyes. I remember the feeling... not being able to sleep on Christmas Eve... talking to myself, "Just go to sleep Amy, the sooner you fall asleep, the sooner Christmas morning will be here." Christmas is for children. I've decided it's also for mothers and fathers of young children. I can't wait! "Just go to sleep Amy. Only 12 more nights!"

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I have loved watching Avery experiencing Christmas and learning all of the traditions and things. Christmas is for mommies and daddies, too! And again, I ask--does that boy ever wear pants?! Ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete