Friday, January 29, 2010

Aidan's 4th Birthday
















Our little man turned 4 on January 25th. As cliché as it is, time flies when you're having fun. I've always envisioned myself as a mother of young children. What am I going to do when I become a mother of tweens, teenagers, adults??? I know I'm jumping ahead a bit, but these past four years have gone by in a flash.

Letter to Aidan at the onset of his 4th year of life:

My Dear Aidan,
These are some of the amazing things you've accomplished this past year as a 3-year-old.

You learned to write your name and you constantly point out words, signs and other names that begin with Aidan.

You have the most incredible imagination. You can create entire movie scenes completely on your own, with no supporting actors.

You love to play with LEGOS! You enjoy destroying your Lego aircrafts, ships and cars. Then you quickly “ask” Daddy to rebuild them for you.

You sing all the time! You're constantly humming the Star Wars theme, or Christmas jingles. However, your favorite thing is to make an original composition. "Mommy, I made a song! You want to hear it?"

You're starting to become aware of your body and you tell Mommy not to look at your "body" (bottom) when you get undressed for the bath.

You are very creative, but you don't like to color. When we pick you up from church, we can easily find your paper. It has two or three crayon strokes (usually just one color).

You're stubborn, and always right (don't know where you got that ridiculous trait from)!

You're loving, independent and empathetic for others. God created an amazing boy when he brought you to us. We love you so much little Aidan! Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment